In this article we are going to look at what crystal therapy is, as well as the properties of calcite. Once we have explored the properties of calcite we will consider ways in which you can use it to your advantage and the conditions that can be helped by calcite.
What is Crystal Therapy?
The principle behind crystal therapy is that each crystal has a specific energy. This energy acts on the body and the mind of a person and can result in a change of mental and physical health. The way in which crystals are used can very quite significantly but the basic idea is that a person comes into close proximity with a crystal on a regular basis. It is important to fully assess the situation to ensure you find the right crystal for your particular condition.
What are the Properties of Calcite?
This is a soft crystal that can be found in a variety of different colours including white, gray, black, green, yellow, blue, brown, or red. It is found literally all over the world and is a large component in chalk and limestone. In addition marble is just re-crystallised calcite. The stone is thought to symbolise enlightenment and mental growth. The stone will release electrical energy when placed under pressure. It is also thought to be a spiritual stone and is closely linked with our higher consciousness and is thought to help with outer body experiences.
Healing Properties of Calcite
Each type of calcite is thought to have its own healing properties however there some general healing properties of calcite. For example calcite has high calcium content and so is thought to be useful for the bones and joints and is often used by athletes for this reason. It is also thought to be useful for growth and development, particularly of the bones. In addition when ground down and mixed with petroleum jelly it is thought to help with all types of skin infections and inflammations.
In addition to the above properties we have also put a list of the properties by type of calcite below:
1. Green Calcite – this stone is one of tranquillity and is thought to aid the spiritual heart. It is also thought to be good at removing toxins from the body and aiding a person to change from a negative situation to a positive one as well as removing fears.
2. Gold or Yellow Calcite – this is thought to be useful for people who meditate as it is linked to the sun. It is also thought to help the spine and bones as well as detoxifying the kidneys, pancreas and spleen.
3. Blue Clacite- this stone is linked to the throat chakra and is also thought to help with degenerative conditions such as arthritis.
4. Orange Calcite – this is a stone linked to the spleen chakra and is also thought to aid with happiness, humour and joy as well as being uplifting and so could be helpful for people suffering from stress or depression.
5. Pink Calcite – this is a stone that is linked to the heart chakra and is thought to bring love, patience and compassion into your life. It is also thought to help with mental balance and so could be helpful for people who are in turmoil.
6. Clear Calcite – this stone is thought to help with clear vision and communication. It is very good at cleansing the outer body. It is also thought to help clear the mind especially when used in meditation and it can often help you find answers particularly to difficult situations.
Article from articlesbase.com